The Highlands Inn is a unique property which has been serving the lesbian community since 1983. Many of our guests return year after year, seeking connection with other lesbians in our private, comfortable oasis. There are 13 unique rooms to choose from, including a dog-friendly Cottage with an outdoor deck, microwave and small refrigerator. You may choose to book a cozy double, queen or king bedroom. Some rooms include a whirlpool tub, fireplace or attached outdoor deck.
The Highlands Inn offers 100 private wooded acres in the White Mountains. Enjoy strolling, hiking, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing on the miles of wooded trails. An outdoor pool and hot tub are available and there’s an extensive lesbian book and movie collection.
Nearby activities include downhill skiing, tubing, sleigh rides, dog sledding, zip lines, golf, hiking, shopping, scenic drives, aerial trams, as well as numerous dining opportunities.
Special events throughout the year include a women’s music concert series, lesbian feminist theater, drumming, mindfulness weekend, recovery weekend, yoga and Thanksgiving and New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Fresh, hot breakfast each morning
- Outdoor hot tub
- 50 foot outdoor heated pool (seasonal)
- Extensive lesbian book and movie collection
- Several miles of on property wooded hiking trails
- Complimentary use of snow shoes
- Fresh flowers in each room
- Cozy living room with fireplace
- Wrap around enclosed front porch with shared refrigerator and microwave oven
- Women’s Concert Series exclusively for Inn guests – view Concert Schedule
- Unique special events for Inn guests only including yoga, mindfulness, Lesbian feminist theatre, summer drum circle