Dear Highlands Inn family,
In order to protect the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community, our guidelines are as follows:
We will limiting the number of guests staying at the Inn, at any one time.
In accordance with COVID-19 reopening guidelines, at the time of check-in, all guests will be asked the following questions:
a. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
b. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
c. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
d. Have you had changes in your sense of taste or smell ?
e. If you answered yes to any of these questions, please do not put our employees and other guests at risk and come back another day when you feel better. Any deposit will be returned.
f. A version of this checklist should be included in reservation confirmations.*
In addition, Guests from outside of New Hampshire will be required to sign the following statement:
By signing this statement I, ___________________ (name) attest that myself and all of the individuals staying with me in my rented room have been quarantined** at home for the past 14 days.
**The definition of quarantine in this instance means that the person or people registering to stay at this lodging facility have remained isolated at home for the past 14 days, going into the community only for necessities. In addition, when outside of the home, I/we have maintained social distancing and worn a face covering when less than six feet from another person.
We will appreciate your attention to the following guidelines while you are at the Inn:
- Please wear a face covering at all times when in common spaces.
- Please observe physical distancing guidelines by maintaining 6 feet between you and others, in all common areas of the Inn.
- We have arranged dining room tables and chairs in order to create safe physical distance during breakfast.
- There is a maximum of two people per table.
- Please do not rearrange the seating. This is for the health and safety of us all.
- On certain occasions we will be serving breakfast in two seatings. We will let you know if that is the case during your visit.
- We encourage dining at local establishments, rather than bringing food back to the Inn. Our dining room is closed for eating, after breakfast hours. We will provide a list of local restaurants who are providing drive through, curbside, indoor and outdoor dining.
- Please do not eat in common areas of the Inn. This is because you will have your mask off while eating, and it is not safe for other guests who are passing by. There is outdoor seating available.
- The pool area is open. Please adhere to physical distanced seating.
- The hot tub is open for use until 9pm, for a maximum of two women from the same family at one time.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, and in order to protect our staff and guests, we are unable to offer stay-over housekeeping service to your room. We will provide new towels as requested. Trash and recycling bins are available on the front porch and in the dining room, for your daily trash disposal.
These guidelines are subject to change. Therefore, we ask that you please check this page prior to each arrival.
We appreciate your patience and support as we implement safety protocols. We realize that The Highlands Inn is a space of connection. It is our hope that you will still be able to find that, while still maintaining physical distance recommendations.
Your health and well-being is our primary concern.
Please call us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
All our best,
Jenny and Gia