Dear Highlands Inn family,
In order to protect the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community, our guidelines are as follows:
At the time of check-in, all guests will be asked to sign the following form:
Symptoms Statement (Required by all guests):
By signing this statement, I attest that no one in my party is currently exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 such as:
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (NOTE: Healthcare workers caring for COVID-19 patients while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment should answer “no” to this question.)
- Fever in the last 48 hours
- Respiratory symptoms such as sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath
- Changes in a person’s sense of taste or smell
We will appreciate your attention to the following guidelines while you are at the Inn:
- Please wear a face covering at all times when in common spaces.
- Please observe physical distancing guidelines by maintaining 6 feet between you and others, in all common areas of the Inn.
- We have arranged dining room tables and chairs in order to create safe physical distance during breakfast.
- There is a maximum of two people per table.
- Please do not rearrange the seating. This is for the health and safety of us all.
- On certain occasions we will be serving breakfast in two seatings. We will let you know if that is the case during your visit.
- We ask you to please leave your face covering on when you are not actually eating or drinking.
- Please do not eat in the dining room or other common areas of the Inn, outside of breakfast hours. This is because you will have your mask off while eating, and it is not safe for other guests who are passing by.
- We encourage dining at local establishments, or eating in your car, rather than bringing food back to the Inn, if possible.
- If dining out is not possible, there is a designated table on the porch by the refrigerator for eating take-out or prepared foods. Please observe other diners in this area and proceed with caution. There are also tables outside for dining, when the weather permits.
- The hot tub is open for use until 9pm, for a maximum of two women from the same family at one time.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, and in order to protect our staff and guests, we are unable to offer stay-over housekeeping service to your room. We will provide new towels as requested. Trash and recycling bins are available on the front porch and in the dining room, for your daily trash disposal.
These guidelines are subject to change. Therefore, we ask that you please check this page prior to each arrival.
We appreciate your patience and support as we implement safety protocols. We realize that The Highlands Inn is a space of connection. It is our hope that you will still be able to find that, while still maintaining physical distance recommendations.
Your health and well-being is our primary concern.
Please call us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
All our best,
Jenny and Gia